The Teobaldo Power Auditorium, former Orotava Cinema, stands on the site of the former ‘Curras’ House (18th century). It was built by José García Barlet and Cesar Hernández, following the plans of José Enrique Marrero, in neo-Canarian style. The total capacity of this theatre is 1000 spectators.
Inaugurated on 21st April 1957, it has hosted artists such as Krystian Zimerman, Alfredo Kraus, Plácido Domingo, Montserrat Caballé, Ainhoa Arteta, Dulce Pontes, Michel Camilo, Luis Eduardo Aute, Luz Casal, Ana Belén, Víctor Manuel, Jorge Drexler ... as well as important orchestras from Europe and America,
Known for its excellent acoustic conditions, it has been used for the recording of innumerable discographic works, being considered one of the best concert halls of the Canary Islands.